Patch and I started the weekend off with sushi and while we were at dinner he asked me what the Lord was doing in me. I told him that I had a lot of JOY and not for any particular reason. I feel like you get joy from being obedient in what our character should look like (Christ-like). Patch asked what I meant and I said, "You know like when I'm at work and I don't join in gossip or tearing someone down, or in my attitude in general. It's up to you whether or not you will have a good day or not".
I also told him about volunteering at the Crisis Pregnancy Center and how I LOVE being there with the other girls there (clients and volunteers). I never really want to go, but am always so glad I did. I think of a million things I need to do or just want to do instead. It is definitely one of the hardest things I have done, but it is also one of the most rewarding. I absolutely love the clients there, my girls, in particular, are sooooo special to me. It hard to always know what to say, but I trust that the words will come when they need too:) (that does not come natural to me at all)
The joy that I have is unexplainable, but I like it and am so thankful for a God who loves me enough to refine my character. Painful, at times, because I definitely feel my flesh wanting to give in and gossip or tear down with the rest. Working in a spa, the gossip, critical spirits, and comparison find their way in easily. I have found a lot of freedom from that as well lately.
I will end with this, after dinner we ran by Target to take something back. As we drove through the parking lot I saw a little boy (2ish), holding his dad's hand, standing off to the side and when he saw our car (having no idea who we were) waved his little hand and smiling from ear to ear. The joy on his face? I LOVED it! I turned to Patch and said, "Aw, did you see that little boy?" he said, "No I didn't." I said, "The joy on his face was awesome, just standing there waving to everyone who went by". He loved just being with his dad, holding his hand and waving at people and making them smile, at least that's what he did for me. I want the joy in me to be that evident that when people driving by will see joy in me and smile but for that to happen I need to stand with my Father and wave!
No comments:
Post a Comment