Wednesday, June 1, 2011
Bittersweet
As most of you know, I have been volunteering at the Central Arkansas Crisis Pregnancy Center. I counsel girls that come in for pregnancy tests, but I also mentor those that want it, by taking them through an 8 week Bible study (HUGS, Helping You Grow Strong) or parenting classes. I started volunteering there thinking that counseling would "my thing", but it has actually been the mentoring that I've enjoyed more and have been challenged more. Today, my first girl finished her HUGS program! As I was driving to the center this morning, I found myself a little teary as I was thinking about "Sherry" and how far she has come in 8 weeks (actually 5, we crammed the last 3 lessons in today) in her thought process and her relationship with God, even more so, I was feeling a little sad thinking that I wouldn't see her next Wednesday. Soooo, it felt a little bit like the momma bird letting her baby bird fly (cheesy, i know, but that was hard today). She is going to be a good momma. I am honored and privileged to have been able to walk a little bit of this road with her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment